Why Pay More?

Best-Hotel-Dealbanner

Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy times!

Hello again, at long last, and thank you for staying around! I am glad to announce the publishing of my new book, "Get Paid to Eat, Shop and Put Gas in Your Car!" It's all about mystery shopping, field evaluation and other "shopping" ways of earning money! It's a great read, and gives step by step instructions about how to get into the Field Evaluation Profession, as well as a list of over 75 companies that are looking to hire Field Evaluators now.

It's amazing. I am learning so much about myself during this one-year odyssey! I have been praying for guidance, and for the strength to do what I've set out to do, and it seems that lots of forces want to keep me from succeeding. There is a power (more like an "anti-power") that is against any positive move upward, and I know it's going to try everything it can to keep me from doing what I say I'll do. A few weeks ago, the computer and phones went out unexpectedly for almost a week. My kids have been sick. My parents have been cranky. Family members are graduating and having mandatory celebrations that keep me away from my primary goal in droves. My mother even took a fall on both artificial knees, and had to go to the ER. It's really been difficult to stay on task. But, I have to tell you, I am finding it strangely gratifying that all this is happening right now. Odd? Maybe, but to me, it feels like I must be going in the right direction, if all this resistance is piling up against my efforts.

It's like a movie I saw recently, called The Ultimate Gift. In short, a wealthy man dies, leaving a family that took him for granted, including his grandson, Jason, who is the only child of the son that predeceased the wealthy man. The wealthy man has left Jason "a series of gifts," which Jason - being as spoiled and opportunistic as the rest of his family - starts out resenting. But, as the gifts progress, the inside of Jason grows into the man he was meant to be, and the Ultimate Gift ends up being not the exorbitant amount of money Jason expected, but the huge interior wealth that he has built which makes any amount of money a tool for good in his hands.

Now, don't feel like I've given the whole thing away, because there's so much more to all of it than that, but understand that this same process is what I feel that God (my wealthy grandfather, and yours) is letting us experience. I know He has better stuff in mind for me than just a million in a year, but this idea is what gets me focused, and helps me push through when the going gets tough, and it's 1 AM (which it presently is) and I still need to do more towards my goal. Whatever it is that I earn, and I do hope for a million in a year or better, I know that the real wealth will be building the inside of me. So, I am pushing for that real wealth, not just

A Million in a Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment