Why Pay More?

Best-Hotel-Dealbanner

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another day, another million!

At least, I’m hoping that’s how it will be! Today was another busy day. I spent the morning helping another blogger get her blog up and running. Check it out: http://eatingyourgarden.blogspot.com/. It’s a great site, and will have lots of information for those of us who’d love to be able to grow what we eat, but really don’t know how. She is also a FABULOUS cook, and will be giving out recipies as well as planting, growing and picking advice, so I for one can’t wait!

After I finished helping her, I worked with my respite care client. Her mother would love it if she could learn to read and understand numbers and money, so we take the time we spend together to do that. It beats sitting around watching television, which is all I’m really obliged to do. But, of course, that would be boring, and what purpose would it serve? So, we went out and got some index cards and made a “word family” game. She seems to be catching on. It’s always so much more fun to learn when you’re playing a game, don’t you think?

It was then that my day got a little bit off-course. You see, I have this Mary Kay customer -- a wonderful lady -- who put in an order online at my Mary Kay site . It was my first online order, and I misread it. The first time I delivered her order, I hadn’t noticed that she ordered TWO of each product, so I delivered one of each, and got an e-mail saying, “Where’s the rest?” Whoops! So I got out more inventory, arranged to borrow what I didn’t have, and made another delivery. Well, the moisturizer was the wrong one, and so I had to borrow one of those, too, since I didn’t have one in stock. I borrowed that, and the other product at last night’s meeting, and guess what? I borrowed the wrong one. I didn’t realize it until I was handing it to the lady, and boy, was she upset! I was humiliated, but I promised that I would deliver the right one tomorrow. My director was so nice about it, and said to let it roll off, since my habit is to provide prompt and reliable service, and this is just an anomaly. Normally, I’d obsess over my mistake, but I’m just going to do better in the future, and get the products (plus a little freebie and a coupon) out to her tomorrow. You know, we make mistakes, but we can learn from them and move on, so that’s what I’m doing.

After that debacle was over, I had to eat quickly and get over to my student’s house to work on this very involved “last paper of the Master’s degree.” We worked till I could see her eyes starting to close on their own, and then arranged for some more work time on Thursday and Friday nights. That should just about do it. It’ll be wonderful. She is so brilliant, but SOOOO busy! I’m glad I can be of service to her. And so glad I took that professional Copywriting Course!

Well, I guess this is just a short one tonight, but I’m tired and praying for more money. I’m now overdue for the car payment, and fearing reposession. If it happens, I’ll handle it. God knows what He’s doing, but I sure hope it doesn’t come to that. I can’t wait till I can tell the world, I made
A Million in a Year!
PS Happy Birthday, Pia!

No comments:

Post a Comment