Why Pay More?

Best-Hotel-Dealbanner

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Money At Last!!

Well, yesterday I finally made my first $25 of the year, and I’m proud of it. I made it by acting as a research assistant for a college student. I did research for a paper, took the information she gave me and put it in outline form, then helped to clean up some word choices. I then typed it up, proofread it and pronounced it finished. I normally charge $50 for all that, but this friend is a single mom, and I feel for her, so I discounted the price. I also thought that if I charged her the full $50, she might not be able to afford me, and after all, half a loaf is better than none.
I have been busily promoting this blog on the internet, and fielding replies from affiliate programs I have applied to. See below for two examples of how I’m trying to promote my blog, and get more people to come click on my links!
This first one comes from the website: http://www.personal-development-for-abundance.com/, where they help people learn to realize their full potential. I thought it would be a great way to get my idea out there, and get some advice at the same time. Who knows where the next million dollar idea will come from?

Have decided to create one million dollars in one year, starting with nothing.
I am the single mother of five kids, two grown and gone, three home and definitely HERE. I have several physical problems that affect my ability to earn in a conventional way, and a HUGE well of creativity to draw from. Learning comes easily to me, but if you know what ADHD is, it is my reason for flitting around and not getting anything completed. Maybe more like an excuse, till recently. I have been reading books from people like Robert Allen, Robert Kiyosaki, T.Harv Eker and many others, saying, "I can do this. This would be easy!" and then NOT doing it, and NOT making money. I am now at financial rock bottom, and so I have decided to put a goal of making one million dollars in one year, and doing it in such a way that I have no choice but to succeed; I have started a blog called A Million in a Year on blogspot. I know it's a big risk to put myself out there and get all public with it, but I have to have someone to be accountable to, and I'm asking the public at large to be my forum. So, I'm trying a lot of things in person and online, and need some input. First, do you think this is a good idea to have done, and then, what would YOU do, if you had to make $1,000,000 in a year? Please let me know. Thank you.
A Millionaire in a Year

Sharon says:

Congratulations on taking massive action to achieve your goal of creating a million dollars in a year! Many people have pulled themselves out of poverty to achieve financial freedom so there is absolutely no reason you couldn't do it to.Now to answer your questions.I think "going public" is a great thing. You will likely attract like minded people to associate with who will encourage you rather than put you down. If you're like the majority of us you're bound to have plenty of well-meaning family and friends who will happily tell you that $1m in a year is impossible and ridiculous.To answer your second question of what I'd do if I had to create $1m in one year? Well, quite honestly, PANIC! And that would ensure my failure. (I still need to work on my personal development on a daily basis.)In reality what you are attempting to do is attract a million dollars to you in a year. And nothing is attracted to panic except for perhaps more panic and desperation.So, what I'd recommend is to focus more on your mindset than the how of getting a million dollars. Start by feeling gratitude for what you already have. I know it's not much but you do have the means to get your kids to school and feed them, so start with that. You also have plenty of get up go, creativity and are aware of your major obstacle (ADHD) so you can build in coping mechanisms when it threatens to derail you.How do you feel when you have to part with any money to pay for some necessity? To set yourself for success in the $1m challenge you need to feel thankful to have the money to pay and part with it willingly.Start feeling that the $1m is already yours. Get excited about the freedom that is definitely on its way to you.Keep reading inspirational and uplifting material. Start using affirmations. They are a powerful and free way to reprogram your mind for success.I'm happy to help you with your affirmations if you're unsure how to use them.Stay in touch and let us know how you're progressing.

hugs Sharon
__________________________________________

I thought that was really nice, don't you? This next piece is from an article on AOL, about the ultimate men’s wallet. And though it looked nice, I really didn’t think it was different enough to justify a huge cost, as I’m sure it has.

__________________________________________

Proudly handcrafted in Los Angeles, and utilizing the most authentic and sophisticated materials available, Parabellum has just launched its inaugural line of belts and premium accessories for men. By combining military grade ceramics, free-range 15 year old American Bison, DuPont Kevlar and supple lambskin, Parabellum aims for "the perfect union between luxury and utilitarianism." Honoring classic American craftsmanship and style, the Parabellum line is also totally modern. After tanning, each bison hide is meticulously selected and hand-cut for each individual item. Just as no two hides are the same, no two Parabellum products are exactly alike. All leather is hand-skived, all corners are hand-turned, and each and every item is individually numbered for identification and authenticity.Parabellum believes its Reservation Bison is the "richest, softest, most complicated and most beautiful" leather in the world. It is tanned in small batches, using old world techniques by true American artisans. Natural-tone, vegetable tanned lambskin linings are used to compliment the rugged beauty of the bison. All of their leather goods are also internally lined with Kevlar for strength and durability, and each and every Parabellum product includes laser-etched, military grade ceramic hardware for a level of true technological sophistication. Designs are military inspired as well. The full range of Parabellum belts, wallets and pouches will be initially available next month at Maxfield in Los Angeles. Key pieces include the Peace Maker belt, Instrument Case for PDAs and Comms Pouch cell phone case.

My reply:

Wow, I'm going to print this article out! I do copywriting, and if it wasn't for the glowing terms they use to describe this wallet, I'd think it looked just like the one I saw at Walmart the other day! Hmmm.. . maybe I'll just buy the one at Walmart and stick the article in the box with it. .. Honestly, who'd really know? LOL I'm also going to copy this to my blog on blogspot! One way I'll create amillion dollars in a year is NOT to buy this wallet! http://amillioninayear.blogspot.com/.
__________________________________________

I went out to celebrate my daughter's birthday tonight, so that's all I have for now. Pray for me, so I can continue to create

A Million in a Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment