Why Pay More?

Best-Hotel-Dealbanner

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My most audacious idea yet. . . create One Million Dollars in One Year!

I just read the book, Cash in a Flash, by
Robert G. Allen and Mark Victor Hansen, and I kind of caught fire. I thought, 'If people all over are making
a great deal of money right now, why shouldn't one of them be me?' I've tried lots of different ways of making money, from very conventional ways (receptionist at a moving company), to very
unconventional ways (doing sign language in an infomercial), and at present, my pursuits include: providing respite care to two developmentally delayed young ladies, being a Mary Kay lady, doing artwork and designs (for t-shirts, shoes, etc.), being a research assistant for college students, being a mystery shopper (one reason I can't tell you my name!) and writing books and articles. And even with all this activity, I'm not makin' it. I have tons of bills, overdue car payments and am behind in the rent. My financial outlook is dim, to say the least. So, I've realized that this is about as low as I can go financially. What to do, what to do?? I looked around my room, and saw my bookshelves, where I have several hundred volumes, most of which I've read. I found myself thinking, "Hmmm, those didn't do me much good," until I realized that buying and reading never made anybody ANY money. I would actually have to put these books into practice. Well, all of a sudden, a light went on in my head. If I actually DID that, I could make some serious money, get the bills paid, and end up . . . gulp. . . solvent!!!

So, today I decided to give myself a year to make a million dollars, using all the advice that authors like Robert G. Allen, Mark Victor Hansen, E. Harv Eker, Joe Vitale, Anthony Robbins, and all the rest have to offer. I'll be recording my successes and my failures in my blog, and letting you know what I think about each of the books I re-read.

So, I'm scared out of my wits, but . . . here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment