Why Pay More?

Best-Hotel-Dealbanner

Monday, April 26, 2010

Really busy day, but profitable!!

Hello, World! It’s the sixth day of my one-year mission to explore strange new worlds of commerce, to seek out new money making ventures and affiliate programs, to boldly go where no one I know personally has gone before! (I show my boldness by splitting the mighty infinitive, as you can see. . . )
I spent much of yesterday working with a Masters level student who is writing a paper on Moral Ethics. I am learning more about the Documents of Vatican II (Vatican: the Holy See ) , the HUAC hearings of the mid-twentieth century, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences than you can shake a stick at. Fascinating stuff!! She’s brilliant, and is sure to get a good grade in the class by writing this, as I scurry around doing fact-finding missions and editing copy.
I’m pretty good at copy. I took a Copywriting course at one time, and it’s been really helpful to me! I was able to trade a fund-raising letter I once wrote for a trip to Washington, DC for one of my kids who is a history buff. I guess it was pretty successful. I also work for the Band Boosters at my children’s school, doing fund-raising. I enjoy that. I use some of the same techniques for them that I am using for myself. I am also hoping to write them a blog, help them to establish a Zazzle.com Store like the one I have to display my designs for t-shirts, sneakers and more, and get them to monetize what they’re already doing. It’ll be really cool! I received an e-mail from Zazzle last night telling me that another purchase had been made, bringing my total up to the point where I’ll actually receive a check! That’s just so cool!
(Some hours later. . . )
I did another Mystery Shop today. It was pretty neat. I went to a tourist attraction -- a wax museum -- and though parts were sort of gee-did-that-figure-just-look-at-me-creepy, they had a display of how they actually make the faces, as well as a display of different kinds of barbed wire that were used in the old west. Amazing, the different ways they had of making fences from wire! I enjoyed it a lot. Nice way to make a living.
Then, I went home and put in my report, which took me to the time I had to pick my daughter up from school. Dropped her off, and went to work with one of my respite-care clients, who I’m trying to teach how to read. She made a break-through today, but I hope it’s a keeper. She tends to be very forgetful.
I went to my Mary Kay meeting tonight, which was a Spa Night, and there was a professional photographer there. I had some photos made -- hammy, rose-between-the-teeth pics, nice pics, and some silent movie star poses, and a thought occurred to me: perhaps she’d like to barter services! So, it looks like we may be able to work something out so we both get what we want by sharing talent! So very cool! And not only that, but my guest is going to become a Mary Kay consultant in a week (when she gets paid). It’s all working out, by the grace of God.
So, home now, and soon to bed! Tomorrow, I hope to go to the attorney general’s office to put in a request for assistance in getting child support from my ex! That would be very, very nice!
Goodnight, and dream of making
A Million in a Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment